In The Studio:
Posido has a conceptual and unmistakable playing style on the bass. His bass lines are fluid and responsive. His time feel is expansive and organic. His musical concepts are simplistic and easily adaptable.
In the onset of his musical studies, his brother Nucleo Vega (author of Understanding Groove, Paradiddles Redefined, and Drum Melody) exposed Posido to the music of Chick Corea, igniting a thirst for improvisation and creative expansion.
During his career, Posido has played in many bands of various musical genres, encompassing rock, funk, jazz, world, and experimental. He also produces royalty free music as an exclusive author for AudioJungle.
Significant Musical Influences:
Nucleo Vega, Jeff “Tain” Watts, Chick Corea, Jeff Ballard, Avishai Cohen, Jaco Pastorious, Oteil Burbridge, Victor Wooten, Paul Motian, Zakir Hussain, Branford Marsalis, Kenny Garrett.
- AudioJungle (audiojungle.net/user/posido) Royalty Free Music
- Vegasky Labs (http://youtube.com/vegaskylabs) Electronic
- Solo Project (http://posido.bandcamp.com) Experimental Bass
- Never in Denver Indie-Jazz
- Harp 46 (www.harp46.com) Celtic Fusion
- Amanda Lee (www.amandaleemusic.com) Acoustic Pop
- Nucleo Vega (www.nucleovega.com) Drummer/Author/Clinician